To check up on us!
Spring means new beginnings, but also seasonal maintenance! In this edition of the newsletter, we will give you tips and tricks to maintain good working practices. It's time to take a break to refocus and move forward!
In the past, we used to visit you in your respective corners of the world to discuss the future, understand your needs and propose solutions to the technological challenges you face. In order to limit the risks of spreading the Covid-19, I am proposing a virtual meeting where we can talk to you and your team members for 2 hours. This meeting is totally free. You can reserve your time slot by clicking on the "Schedule a meeting" button below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Alain Ashton, President of Avancie
Introduction part 1
7-14-21-28 March from 8:30 to 16:30
4-11-18-25 April from 8:30 to 16:30
2-9-16-24-30 May from 8:30 to 16:30
Introduction part 2
1-8-15-22-29 March from 13:00 to 16:30
5-12-19-26 April from 13:00 to 16:30
3-10-17-25-31 May from 13:00 to 16:30
Trust accounting (without initialization)
1-8-15-22-29 March from 8:30 to 12:00
5-12-19-26 April from 8:30 to 12:00
3-10-17-25-31 May from 8:30 to 12:00
Management of technological acts in Para-Maître
10 March 10:30-11:30am
6 April 1:00pm-2:00pm
20 April 4:00pm-5:00pm
4 May 11:00am-12:00pm
18 May 1:00pm-2:00pm
26 May 3:00pm-16:00pm
Features of Para-Maître
2 March from 1 to 3 pm
29 March from 9 to 11 am
14-26 April from 9 to 11 am
12-25 May from 9 to 11 am
Did you know that...
Several options allow you to customise the functionality of Para-Maître to suit your needs. To do this, click on the profile button at the top right of Para-Maître. Select 'Customise and display'. You will then be able to edit your resource. Here are some interesting options that can be customised:
Select the desired account group, institution and bank account by default. The "remember my choices from screen to screen" box, when checked, then allows you to leave the groups/institutions/bank accounts you select displayed without Para-Maître redisplaying the default information.
Allows you to select your office accounting company and the most frequently used bank account.
Start of Para-Maître Notify me for Wills / Mandates reports:
A reminder will be posted at the beginning of the period (on the 1st and 16th of each month) to notaries as they enter Para-Maître advising them to produce their Wills and Mandates reports.
Allows you to choose a theme, which is the colour of your Para-Maître. The choices are as follows: Default (blue), Red, Green, Orange and Grey.
FEATURES TO DISCOVER OR REDISCOVER
- New Stewart form
- Bridge between Para-Maître and QuickBooks
For Jean Pigeon, one of our developers and a shareholder of Avancie, the presence of Para-Maître has been an underlying theme throughout his professional life. Indeed, having obtained his Bachelor's degree in computer science in 1993, he fell into the magic potion of Para-Maître in 1996 at Notarius, which was the computer subsidiary of the Chambre des notaires, while the software was owned by the Chambre. It was there that he met his mentor, and spiritual father of the software, Bernard Steben. Unfortunately, Bernard passed away from cancer, leaving behind a team in mourning. Jean took over for a while but decided to leave to meet new challenges, soon he was back (2003) as he missed the team and the clients. He was happy to be reunited with his former partner, Noëlla Therrien, at Cognicase who had the development contract for Para-Maître. Later, the contract was taken over by Allstream, and Noëlla and Jean were joined by Alain Ashton.
Together they listened to the needs and expectations of Para Maître users. With a move still in the offing, the three started Avancie, allowing the establishment of a stable, secure and innovative space for the software and its users. The most important thing for Jean is the family character of the company and the happiness of working in a pleasant, open and supportive atmosphere. From the very beginning, Jean and his two partners have been proud to work for notaries and to keep alive Bernard's dream and hopes, of which we are all heirs today.
To stay effective in the long term with your software, you need to do what we all do with our homes, relationships or work: stay up to date and clean up! Although Para-Maître does some of this automatically, it is up to you to manage your system regularly.
The list of file types, document management and the list of resources are important elements to monitor and control or they may become too cumbersome, difficult to manage and chaotic, making it more difficult to find information.
In the following screens (managed by administrators):
- Folder Types (Configuration/Folder Types)
- Resources (Administration/Resources)
- Templates (Configuration/Template Management)
The "Active" checkbox in these screens allows you to remove deactivated information from a drop-down list, without completely destroying this information. In the different screens, you will find a checkbox "Show inactive (information)" allowing you to find the elements that are no longer active, but still existing in the software. You can reactivate the information at any time so that it reappears in the drop-down lists. In the folder types, all types are displayed, but only those ticked "Active" will appear in the drop-down list of available types in a folder.
KEEP UP TO DATE :
- The calculation of the manufacturer's refund (Configuration/Study management/Tax refund)
- The screen for calculating the transfer rights for each municipality (Configuration /Management of drop-down lists/Mutation rights (city))
- The calculation of your resources, activities and disbursements (Administration/Pricing).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to cancel a trust transaction (REC or DEB):
By the file :
1. Access the "trust" tab of the file.
2. Double-click on the transaction to be cancelled.
3. The transaction will appear on the screen. Click on the "cancel" button.
4. Enter the date of cancellation, the reason and press OK.
Through the trust accounting menu :
1. Pull down the menu "Accounting/Transactions/Transaction entry".
2. Complete the Group, Financial Institution and Bank Account fields.
3. Click on the INQUIRY icon or press the (F11) key on the keyboard to return to the query mode.
4. Enter the search criteria for finding the transaction to be reversed, for example, transaction type, date, amount, etc.
5. Start the search by clicking on the QUERY button or by pressing the (F12) key on the keyboard and double-click on the transaction to be cancelled.
6. Click on the CANCEL button.
7. Enter the date of cancellation, the reason and press the OK button.
QUIZ: Test your knowledge
Why don't the Aform templates appear when I select the recipient in the Aform tab of the folder?
1. Indicates that the client has refused to use the functionality. 2.
There is no template for the file type.
3. The recipient's email is not registered in their client record.
What is the purpose of this icon in the Allocations column of the "Stage/Lot" tab of the file?
1. Copy the batch information into the folder's distribution no. 1.
2. Add a second distribution to the file.
3. This is a shortcut to print the dispatches.
What is the purpose of the icon on the right-hand collaboration panel?
1. Taking notes.
2. Doing advanced research.
3. View the latest printed reports of your study.
Answers: Q1: 3, Q2: 1, Q3: 3
- Integration of the signing of authentic instruments and private deeds;
- Multi-factor authentication;
- Redesign of the wizard to address slowness issues.
Note: New resources have been allocated for these and future projects.