Avancie takes the protection of personal information concerning its customers to heart.
This notice explains how we collect, store, use and, where appropriate, disclose your personal information when we do business with you.
This notice complies with the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (CQLR, c. P-39.1). We invite you to read it and contact us by one of the means indicated at the end of this document if you need clarification.
- Client records and personal information: Personal information that has been collected about you for the purposes set out in this notice is kept in a “client record”.
- Your file may contain your name and that of your business, as well as your address, telephone number, email address and financial information required for pre-authorized payments.
- Avancie is authorized to collect, store and use the personal information contained in your file, as well as to be communicated personal information by the third parties mentioned below, or to communicate to them that which it has, for the following purposes :
- identify you and ensure the accuracy of the information contained in your file;
- send you information about its products and services;
- deliver the required services to you;
- comply with the requirements of laws and regulations; and
- verify the information you have already given with another organization, when the purposes set out in this notice so require.
- Provided that it is for the purposes set out in this notice, Avancie may transmit personal information about you to agents responsible for delivering the services of our company. When Avancie discloses personal information to its service providers, it ensures that they are prohibited, by contract, from using this information for purposes other than those for which it has used them.
- Avancie may disclose personal information about you to third parties if required by law. For example, it may share information for tax purposes with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Employees and agents of Avancie may have access to your file, provided they have a legitimate need to know information about you, in relation to the purposes set out in this notice. Access is restricted for these purposes.
- Your file is stored electronically in 2 Montreal data centers, one serving as the main site and the other as a backup site in the event of a disaster. It is also possible that certain documents from your file, on paper, are stored in our offices in Verdun.
- Right to consult and correct personal information: Except in certain circumstances, provided for in the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, you have the right, on written request, to consult the personal information contained in your file. You can verify its accuracy and request, in writing, that any erroneous information be corrected. To do this, please contact us by one of the means indicated at the end of this notice. If the question is not answered to your satisfaction, you can contact the person responsible for the protection of personal information at the following address: Avancie, 5223 boul. Lasalle, Verdun, QC, H4H 1P1. You can also do it by email, by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Changes to Personal Information: Please notify Avancie immediately of any changes to the personal information you have provided to it, by contacting it by one of the means listed at the end of this notice. Avancie appreciates your confidence and is committed to answering your questions and taking into account your comments regarding the personal information that concerns you, with promptness and courtesy.
Answering your questions and concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal information, please follow the steps below:
- You can easily get an answer to your question or concern by contacting our customer service team:
514-657-2034 or 1-866-301-2476
Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET)
- If after speaking to Customer Service your question or concern has not been resolved, you can contact the Privacy Officer:
Email: if necessary, through customer service
Mailing address: 5223 boul. Lasalle, Verdun, QC, H4H 1P1
- If after contacting the person responsible for the protection of personal information your question or concern has still not been resolved, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Quebec.
Quebec Access to Information Commission
© Avancie 2020